Stephen Williams joins us to discuss his trials and tribulations working in software teams. We delve into what tools the team can utilize to communicate and coordinate efficiently. We talk about why you should be using tools like HipChat and Campfire if you’re not already. The episode also touches on important subjects like how to deal with technical disputes, if project managers are necessary, lazy team members and ways that you can put the team first.
- Dividing work within the team
- Tools you use to coordinate or communicate with the team (HipChat, Flowdock, Campfire, IRC, IM, Email)
- How to deal with a lazy or slacker team member
- How to handle a technical disagreement
- Personal philosophy for promoting team over self
- Know when you are overwhelmed